The home health care industry has not seen a change in Medicare’s Conditions of Participation (CoPs) in three decades. However, in January 2017, CMS finalized the standards for improving the quality of health care services for home health patients and strengthening their rights. These changes in the home health CoPs, which were implemented on January 13, 2018, have major implications for home health agencies. In order to be compliant, agencies must train their staff and revise their processes. Surveyors will be using these CoPs, so don’t put your agency at risk. Start now to prepare, educate your staff and implement the necessary changes.
Join industry veteran Sharon Litwin
for our special 2018 Home Care Virtual Boot Camp, where she will discuss how significant these CoPs are and how they will impact your agency’s day-to-day operations. This webinar will provide you with the information to implement these changes.
- Overview of what’s included in the CoPs changes effective January 13, 2018
- Responses to the Final Rule clarifying the CoPs
- Detailed look at all conditions
- How the CoPs changes make major changes to the rights of your patients
- The importance of integrating services among disciplines and the physician
- The impact on the plan of care and updates to orders
- How a good QAPI program can lessen your day-to-day challenges
- Which data to analyze to develop or enhance your QAPI
- Know your responsibilities: Guidelines for emergency preparedness